SEA is the largest stocking distributor of Isodyne. We have a tremendous and broad availability of parts as well as the purchasing power to provide you with the best market cost possible. Isodyne’s connector backshell Tool-less Braid Termination System was specifically designed to provide better mechanical and electrical performance for wire harnesses requiring shielding protection for EMI/RFI, HIRF, and lightning. Both the individual shields and the overbraid are terminated at the backshell with one band. Our spring band can be installed and removed thousands of times with no tools allowing for easy re-entry of the cable assembly for repair or re-pinning and no degradation of spring force. The Isodyne backshell system has been in use since 1990 on land, sea, air, and space platforms requiring a higher performance connector backshell.
The Isodyne Tool-less Braid Termination Systems also provides numerous benefits in the communications fields supporting applications in radios, Satcom, UAV market, military fixed and rotary-wing aircraft. The Isodyne Tool-less Braid Termination system is widely recognized for consistently high quality and superior performance.
The Isodyne connector system is made up of an EMI backshell with a spring banding area populated with slots to allow the individual drain wires direct contact with the backshell body. The Isodyne system allows for assembly and disassembly of the over braid to the backshell without the need for a tool.
- No tools required for assembly or removal of spring band
- Our slots eliminate the need for solder sleeves
- No more calibration of crimp banding tools
- Constant force spring band can increase holding force and lowers resistance under vibration, improving EMI performance
- Tensile pull strength 125 ft/lbs almost doubling when a heat shrink boot is added
- Reduced component count helps control FOD, lighter weight, and faster assembly time
- Stainless steel spring band can be installed and removed thousands of times with no degradation of holding force
- Satisfied customers include Boeing, General Dynamics, Harris, Raytheon, L-3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, and many more.
SEA technical experts can help you find the right backshell for your application. Contact our Sales Team at 1-800-633-7210 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.